Mud, Sweat, Pride


Get $10 off a Reebok Spartan Race, Use Code: SPEAR10

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dirty 6 Mud Run Arizona Sept 2011

I miss my little man more than words can express. My time without him is especially hard on the weekends when I would normally have had him. I have been trying to keep myself busy. Trying to get my fitness back and doing races I am sure will help.

This last weekend I did the Dirty 6 mud run at Rawhide in Arizona. I have not run 6 miles in some time but I signed up last minute and said lets do this. It was tough I am not going to lie. Expecially since I was extremely sore from doing legs in my boot camp class. I would not normally have done this but I was helping my buddy to teach his boot camp class while he was gone on a family emergency. So in teach his 5:30am and 7:15am class I did them as well.

There were not as many obstacle as I have had in mud runs in the past. Especially the ones I did in San Diego. But the slip and side was fun. The mud pits were small but deep so it was very difficult getting out. The giant tarp covered hill was fun to slide into the pool at the bottom. At the end they had trash bins full of water to dive into. I had a good run and was happy to finish. I am certain I was in the top 10 maybe top 15 for the 6 milers.

When I was done I ran back a mile to play in the giant tarp covered slide till my friend showed up so I could run to the finish with him. I did not realize how slow he was compared to me because i was at that obstacle about 15 minutes. Up and down. I was making the volunteers laugh with my jokes and how long I was there. I hope the photographer got some good shots of me.

After finishing the race with my buddy Tim I went back to the end diving pool to jump in again. I must have done cannonballs about 20 times. I ws trying to get everyone wet. Making every one laugh there as well. When you finish the race they give you a glass. They kept offering me one every time I went through. Eventually the guy said you can not have any more. I was like, dammit man I am trying to get the whole set. The lady at the gatorade booth was wondering how many time I had come through. I was like at least 20. Tim was waiting for me so I passed him and as a child might say to their parent.... Just two more times as I ran past.

I have comments for the race director to make the race more fun and safer. Their were some potentially hazardous event that happened as safety pins were catching the tarp and staying there. So if you slide down it could have really cut you up. And I almost broke my ankle as I was running I stepped all the way through a gopher hole. Anyways Great fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment