Mud, Sweat, Pride


Get $10 off a Reebok Spartan Race, Use Code: SPEAR10

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Humble Beginnings

I was not very athletic when I was young. I remember going to the YMCA with my friend that was a gymnast. He wanted to workout and I was very against it. It just did not seem my thing. I would do the absolute minimum he was doing just to get through it so we could go do something else fun later. It was not until I was in college that I really started to get into it. I enjoyed it so much that I was riding my mountain bike every where. I was running on the track, lifting weights and swimming every day. After getting into the working world it toned down a bit but I still remain very active. I enjoy taking on new challenges to see how my general fitness helps me complete these challenges. I compete against myself. First and foremost I always finish everything I attempt. And second, I always work to beat my time from the previous year. Keeping things fun and fresh helps me continue to workout as long as I have. Some 22 years now. I make sure to pass on that knowledge to those wanting to get a bit more physical. And I look forward to inspiring my son to do the same. To take on some kids runs and challenges himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment