Mud, Sweat, Pride


Get $10 off a Reebok Spartan Race, Use Code: SPEAR10

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Father and Son Working out and Bonding

     Since I am only fortunate enough to have time with my son every other week I make the best of our time together. He has 100% of my attention that week. He never goes to a day care and I never use a baby sitter. Any one that knows me has always known that being athletic and doing races and challenges has always been "my thing". I had to find a way to train a little bit during my week with my son. So I found that including him was the best thing for both of us.
     We play a lot of chase. He especially loves it when his friends join us. Have you ever heard of "Super Tag"? No because I just made it up. I chase after all the kids. When I tag one ALL the kids act as a team and all of them run after me. So I have to stay away from 5-10 sometimes 15 kids. It is fun for all involved.
     I have a jogging stroller and my son goes with me on my runs. That is a great cardio activity for all events. I do things like lifting him up in reps. I have him sit on my shoulders as I do squats. I also have him lay on my back as I do push ups. He counts them out for me. Still knocking out one set to 15 reps and the next one to 10 reps. Ii want to see how long I can keep that up as my little man grows up and gets bigger. And if I can find a place that has a pole, I do pull ups with him between my legs. 8-10reps and two sets is the most I can handle.
     I love my time with my son and we bond no matter what we are doing. Just want to keep my son smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment